The second edition of this widely used text covers the first year of instruction in Modern Standard Arabic. It will teach students to read, speak, and write Arabic, while presenting an engaging story that involves Adnan, a Syrian student studying in the United States, and Michael, an American student studying in Cairo. In diaries, letters, and postcards, the two students describe their thoughts and activities, revealing how a non-American views American culture and how the Arabic culture is experienced by an American student.
This new edition features:
- online video, filmed in Syria;
- expanded communicative activities;
- an updated audio program;
- material designed according to proficiency principles.
Components of the Second Edition include:
- A full-color Student Textbook with included online audio and video access
- Online, interactive exercises