Although the vast majority of mankind believes in a Creator or Supreme Being, their concepts vary. Islam, in the Qur’an and sunnah, affirms the existence and Oneness of the Creator and describes Him as having the most perfect attributes, thus enabling man to have the proper concept of Him and to establish a strong bond with Him based on the understanding of His sublime attributes. But the influence of philosophy and other ideas that are alien to Islam led to the emergence of distorted concepts about Allah.
In this book, Dr. ‘Umar S. Al-Ashqar discusses the wrong ideas that have crept into Muslims’ minds concerning Allah and His attributes, and highlights the fact that the only correct way to understand the verses of the Qur’an and the Ahadith, which speak of Allah and His attributes, is the way in which they were understood by the first generations of the Ummah (the salaf).
Dr. ‘Umar S. Al-Ashqar also examines modern concepts, such as the theory of evolution, and proves that they are wrong and false. Following the Qur’anic injunction to ponder the signs of Allah in the universe, he also pays attention to the study of natural phenomena which clearly point to the existence and Oneness of the Almighty Creator. Thus, Dr. ‘Umar S. Al-Ashqar affirms the principle which lies at the heart of the Islamic faith and practice, namely Tawheed, the Absolute Oneness of the Divine.
check other related items:
- Islamic Creed Series - Paradise and Hell: Volume 7 الجنة والنار
- Islamic Creed Series - The World of the Jinn and Devils: Volume 3 عالم الجن والشياطين
- Islamic Creed Series - The Day of Resurrection: Volume 6 القيامة الكبرى
- Islamic Creed Series - Divine Will and Predestination: Volume 8 القضاء والقدر
- Islamic Creed Series - The Messengers and the Messages: Volume 4 الرسل والرسالات
- Islamic Creed Series - The Minor Resurrection: Volume 5 القيامة الصغرى
- Islamic Creed Series - The World of the Noble Angels: Volume 2 عالم الملائكة الأبرار