What happens after death? When will the end of the world come? Are we really living in the “last days”? These are questions which concern everyone, no matter what his or her background is. Many have tried to answer these questions, producing theories that range from the fanciful to the nihilistic. But man-made notions cannot answer questions about matters which man has no way of finding out by himself.
In these as in so many other issues, Islam brings us answers; surely the One Who gives life and takes it away, is the One Who is the best to inform us of what happens after death. The One Who has created this universe and mankind is the best to tell us about when this world will come to an end and mankind will be called for judgment. He has informed us about these matters, in His Book and through His Prophet (pbuh).
In this book, Dr. ‘Umar S. Al-Ashqar examines all these issues from the point of view of the Qur’an and sunnah. He looks at issues of death and what happens to a person’s soul after death, including the questioning of the angels and the torment of the grave. He also examines the signs of the Hour, which indicate that the Day of Judgment is approaching – many of which are already happening. As always, he quotes extensively from the texts, placing these issues squarely within an Islamic framework and dispelling the myth and misunderstandings that have risen and become prevalent.
check other related items:
- Islamic Creed Series - Belief in Allah: Volume 1 الإيمان بالله
- Islamic Creed Series - Paradise and Hell: Volume 7 الجنة والنار
- Islamic Creed Series - The World of the Jinn and Devils: Volume 3 عالم الجن والشياطين
- Islamic Creed Series - The Day of Resurrection: Volume 6 القيامة الكبرى
- Islamic Creed Series - Divine Will and Predestination: Volume 8 القضاء والقدر
- Islamic Creed Series - The Messengers and the Messages: Volume 4 الرسل والرسالات
- Islamic Creed Series - The World of the Noble Angels: Volume 2 عالم الملائكة الأبرار