Belief in the Day of Resurrection is one of the central tenets of Islamic faith. It is a belief that was preached by all the Prophets, and it is a belief that makes sense of a sometime incomprehensible world. Belief in the Day of Resurrection and the final Judgment brings benefits in this world, on the individual and social levels. It makes the individual focus on what is in his ultimate best interest, guiding his actions in ways that will benefit him and bring him happiness in this world and the next.
On the broader social level, this belief imposes controls on human greed and restrains people from committing transgressions for which they would ultimately have to answer.
The Qur’an and sunnah are filled with detailed information of what will come to pass on the great Day. Drawing upon drawing on these sources of Islam, Dr. ‘Umar S. al-Ashqar takes us through the events of that Day, from the first Trumpet-blast and the end of life in the heaven and on earth, through the terrors of the Resurrection and the ordeals of the Judgment, to the final entry to the place of eternal abode, in Paradise or Hell.
This is a book which deserves to be on Muslim bookshelves in homes, schools and Islamic centers, for it deals with a topic of vital importance to every believer.
check other related items:
- Islamic Creed Series - Belief in Allah: Volume 1 الإيمان بالله
- Islamic Creed Series - Paradise and Hell: Volume 7 الجنة والنار
- Islamic Creed Series - The World of the Jinn and Devils: Volume 3 عالم الجن والشياطين
- Islamic Creed Series - Divine Will and Predestination: Volume 8 القضاء والقدر
- Islamic Creed Series - The Messengers and the Messages: Volume 4 الرسل والرسالات
- Islamic Creed Series - The Minor Resurrection: Volume 5 القيامة الصغرى
- Islamic Creed Series - The World of the Noble Angels: Volume 2 عالم الملائكة الأبرار